Skip to main content

Firefox Download for Mac Older Version UPDATED

Firefox Download for Mac Older Version

How to install an older version of Firefox on my Mac

I'm trying to run a programme that requires silverlight and newer versions of Firefox don't permit plug ins from silverlight. I have found a listing of older versions of Firefox on Mozilla's website but Once I click on a specific version several downloadable links popular up. Practise I need to only download i link or several? In one case I download the link do I have to move it to my applications or somewhere else to gain access to it?

I'one thousand trying to run a programme that requires silverlight and newer versions of Firefox don't allow plug ins from silverlight. I accept found a list of older versions of Firefox on Mozilla's website simply Once I click on a specific version several downloadable links pop upwards. Do I need to only download one link or several? Once I download the link do I take to move it to my applications or somewhere else to proceeds access to information technology?

Chosen solution

Thank you for asking. The dissimilar links found on https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/ relate to different version numbers of Firefox. Once yous open ane of the version directories, y'all will see other links as well. Y'all only demand to download the version for your operating system (assumingly, yous're using windows) so yous will want the win64 or win32 version based on which version of Windows you are running (download the win64, if not, your computer will back up the win32). Y'all volition need to know which version of Firefox allows the use of Microsoft Silverlight. Promise this helps!

Read this respond in context 👍 ii

All Replies (six)

Chosen Solution

Thanks for asking. The different links found on https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/ chronicle to different version numbers of Firefox. Once you open up one of the version directories, you will come across other links besides. You just need to download the version for your operating system (assumingly, you're using windows) so you volition desire the win64 or win32 version based on which version of Windows you are running (download the win64, if not, your reckoner will support the win32). You will need to know which version of Firefox allows the use of Microsoft Silverlight. Hope this helps!

Cheers for request. The different links found on https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/ relate to unlike version numbers of Firefox. Once you open one of the version directories, you will meet other links also. You only need to download the version for your operating system (assumingly, y'all're using windows) so you will want the win64 or win32 version based on which version of Windows you are running (download the win64, if not, your computer will support the win32). You will need to know which version of Firefox allows the use of Microsoft Silverlight. Hope this helps!

Thanks this is helpful to know I only need to download one link but I'm running on Mac not pc and so once I download it what do I do with the files then I can run it on my Mac?

Thank you this is helpful to know I only need to download one link merely I'1000 running on Mac not pc so in one case I download information technology what do I do with the files so I can run it on my Mac?

Hi jpbutler51, the only currently supported browser that runs the Silverlight plugin is Cyberspace Explorer xi. Delight check with the vendor on how you are supposed to use their awarding in modern browsers.

I think in that location are some programs for Mac that you run Windows XP in a virtual machine, simply I don't know the details. That could be a workaround.

Hi jpbutler51, the only currently supported browser that runs the Silverlight plugin is Internet Explorer eleven. Please check with the vendor on how you are supposed to use their application in modern browsers. I think there are some programs for Mac that you run Windows XP in a virtual machine, only I don't know the details. That could be a workaround.

jpbutler51 said

Thank you this is helpful to know I only need to download ane link but I'm running on Mac non pc and so one time I download information technology what practice I do with the files so I tin can run it on my Mac?

Come across:

''jpbutler51 [[#answer-1206048|said]]'' <blockquote> Cheers this is helpful to know I only demand to download ane link merely I'thou running on Mac not pc and so one time I download it what do I practice with the files and so I can run information technology on my Mac? </blockquote> See: * [[Install an older version of Firefox]] * [[How to download and install Firefox on Mac]]

Note: Some versions of Quantum alter how the data files are fix, so they are non astern uniform.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-United states of america/kb/how-download-and-install-firefox-mac

'''Notation:''' Some versions of Breakthrough change how the data files are gear up, and so they are non backward compatible. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-download-and-install-firefox-mac

Firefox Download for Mac Older Version UPDATED

Comments